North Harbour Rugby is delighted to announce the appointment of David Gibson as the new General Manager of the Union.
Chairman Shaun Nixon announced the appointment today and said it was a difficult and rigorous process.
"We were fortunate to have many worthy, talented and experienced candidates to choose from for this role and it was not an easy task deciding on the best one to take our Union forward. David comes to us with the following experience and key attributes:
- Currently the General Manager of the New Zealand Rugby Players Association
- He understands and values the importance of community rugby in our region
- He is well known throughout New Zealand Rugby, Provincial Unions’s, super franchises and player agent circles
- Has played rugby to a high level including the Blues and Highlanders, New Zealand Maori, domestic rugby for Auckland, Otago and Northland, New Zealand Under 19s and 20s, New Zealand Universities and Schools
- Lives in and has a passion for our region"
David's enthusiasm and anticipation ahead of joining the union was evident in his voice.
"I am extremely excited about joining North Harbour, a region that I am passionate about. Rugby has played a major role in my life, and the lives of my family, friends, and the communities I have been a part of. I want to ensure Rugby remains relevant to all of our North Harbour community as we look to the future".
David will start in his role on 12 June.
Welcome aboard David!