Thursday 16 August and Saturday 18 August – A Big Week for Mitre 10 Cup Kick-Off and Super Saturday in North Harbour Community Rugby
This Week we kick off the 2018 Mitre 10 Cup on Thursday 16 August against our Blues brothers Northland which will be a great night at QBE Stadium. Leading up to that for the first time ever and probably in NZ too, we will host the North Harbour Girls 10’s final at 4.05pm as a curtain-raiser to the Boys 1st XV 1A final at 5.15pm who will set the scene for the Mitre 10 Cup local derby.
Next Saturday 18 August is a huge day in North Harbour Community Rugby – its North Harbour’s Super Saturday!
Several significant events take place which for many will be the culmination of a long and enjoyable 2018 season so our rugby community is urged to get out and enjoy a great day of rugby.. The events are as follows:
• Under 85 Finals Day at the top-seed club for Championship and Plate trophies with NHRU Chairman Shaun Nixon presenting the Championship trophy.
• Presidents Grade Finals Day at Riverhead War Memorial Domain, Kumeu RFC. NHRU President John McKittrick will be in attendance.
• Women and Girls Rugby Festival all day at Windsor Park, East Coast Bays RFC show casing Womans Rugby in the NZ Womans Invitation Tournament with teams from Northland, NH, Auckland, Counties Manukau, Waikato, Taranaki and Wellington; U18 Girls representative teams from NH, Waikato, Counties Manukau and Northland; Girls Rippa/Girls QuickRip games with North Harbour, Auckland and Counties Manukau club teams. This is the biggest Women and Girls Rugby Festival in NZ with 30 teams on the field!
• Secondary School grades semi-finals or last games of the second rounds
• Last day of Saturday Morning junior club rugby for 2018 with the junior tournament semi-finals Sunday 19 August and Finals on Sunday 26 August.
• First games of the Northern Region Amateur Representative competitions with our Mens B team taking on Auckland Colts at 2.30pm and our Under 19 facing Auckland Development at 1pm, both games at Kaipatiki Park, Glenfield RFC. The Mens B commence a 6 match campaign against other Northern Region unions and the Under 19 play the first game of three in their Blues Region seeding round in preparation for the Jock Hobbs Memorial National Under 19 tournament to be held in Taupo 9-15 September.