Harbour Rugby nominees for 2017 Harbour Sport Sporting Excellence Awards
Congratulations to the successful North Harbour Rugby Union nominees for the 2017 Harbour Sport Sporting Excellence Awards 2017, to be held Friday 17th November 2017 at The Spencer on Byron.
Our nominees include:
- Charmaine Smith and Rebecca Wood who were selected as Black Ferns for the recent Women’s Rugby World Cup held in Ireland and won by New Zealand;
- James Parsons for Blues Captain and QBE North Harbour Mitre 10 Cup captain;
- Bryn Gatland playing for New Zealand Provincial Barbarians versus the Lions, Blues and QBE North Harbour Mitre 10 Cup;
- Bryn Hall playing for Maori All Blacks versus the Lions, Crusaders and QBE North Harbour Mitre 10 Cup;
- Kate Williams playing for QBE North Harbour Farah Palmer Cup;
- Glenn Newman for international refereeing duties as Television Monitor Official;
- Nick Mulvaney for Volunteer of the Year and
- Geoff “Rambo” Faulkner for the Rugby Union Sporting acknowledgement award.
- The QBE North Harbour Mitre 10 Cup team was nominated for Regional Team of the Year and
- All Blacks vs Springboks Test held at QBE Stadium in September was nominated for Event of the Year.
The event is to be celebrated from 6pm on Friday 17th November 2017 at The Spencer on Byron.
Good luck to all our nominees!